Luxury Lodges in Alaska Ultimate Adventure Package
Experience two of the top luxury lodges in Alaska – Stillpoint Lodge and Sheldon Chalet – on this 10 day circle tour from Anchorage.
Discover diverse landscapes and stunning wildlife on a full day tour of Prince William Sound by seaplane, then arrive to Stillpoint Lodge and go bear viewing in Katmai National Park.
Boarding a helicopter up to Sheldon Chalet, you'll discover an engineering marvel.
Located just 10 miles from Denali's summit, it offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to trek across glaciers and watch the dance of the northern lights.
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1 Anchorage | ArrivalUpon arrival in Anchorage you will be met at the aircraft’s door and transferred by private vehicle to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure to enjoy the sights of this vibrant and unique city on the edge of Alaskan wilderness. Between parks, trails and unique settings, there are plenty of opportunities for exploring if you choose.
Day 2 Prince William Sound 26 Glacier Cruise | Alaska RailroadDepart Anchorage on Alaska Railroad for an adventure into the exciting world of Alaska’s glaciers. In Whittier, board the 26 Glacier Cruise and venture deep into Prince William Sound, finding yourself so close to glaciers that you can “hear” them move and gaze at their brilliant blue hues. Discover several types of glaciers including Alpine hanging, Piedmont and Tidewater, plus watch for glacier calvings (broken pieces of ice that have fallen into the water and become icebergs). Back in Whittier, board Alaska Railroad’s Glacier Discovery train for the final leg of the tour to Anchorage. (Lunch is included onboard)
Day 3 Anchorage to Stillpoint Lodge | Private Charter Floatplane FlightThis morning meet your driver for a private transfer to Lake Hood Floatplane Base. Board your charter flight for the scenic flight over the Kenai Peninsula to the coastal waters of Kachemak Bay. Your pilot will pull alongside the Stillpoint Lodge dock where you will be met by the lodge host. If you’re searching for raw and unspoiled wild but still wish for the luxuries of civilization, Stillpoint Lodge in Halibut Cove is the place for you.
Day 4 Stillpoint Lodge | Alaska Brown Bear (Grizzly Bear) ViewingTake off from the lodge dock via float plane and fly across Cook Inlet to the Alaska Peninsula, home to the largest brown bear population in the world. You will land in a remote mountain lake or river in either Lake Clark National Park or Katmai National Park. Includes gear, lunch and incredible flight seeing en-route.
Day 5 Stillpoint Lodge to Talkeetna | Private Charter Floatplane FlightSpend one last leisurely morning at the lodge, then meet your chartered flight at the dock to board for the scenic flight over the Kenai Peninsula to Talkeetna - The gateway to Denali. Talkeetna serves as a base camp for Mt. Denali climbers; the community of 857 residents is located at the confluence of the Talkeetna and Susitna Rivers. A turn-of-the-20th-century gold-mining centre, the town has retained much of its early Alaskan flavour.
Day 6 Talkeetna to Denali | Sheldon Chalet | HelicopterDepart Talkeetna for your 35-minute scenic helicopter ride to Sheldon Chalet, arriving around 2.00pm. An engineering marvel located just 10 miles from Denali’s summit, Sheldon Chalet features five guest rooms, a living and dining area, an observation deck and a sauna. Step on to the deck and marvel at the majestic surroundings before coming inside for champagne and a freshly prepared sampling of Alaskan Seafood. Meet your staff and discuss adventure options during your stay with our world class guides. Settle in and let the peace and solitude overtake you. (Dinner included today)
Day 7 Denali | Sheldon ChaletAwake to the sunrise shining on the summit of Denali. Enjoy a cozy cup of coffee as you marvel at the way the light changes the landscape moment by moment. Breakfast is served. Choose one adventure today and another tomorrow such as rappelling, rock or ice climbing, glacier trekking, gourmet glacier picnicking, crevasse exploring or sledding. Enjoy a late afternoon cocktail and delectable hors d’oeuvres on the observation deck then dine on a beautiful gourmet dinner while you watch the sun set on Denali. Spend the evening on the deck around a fire, stargazing or relaxing in the sauna. (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included today)
Day 8 Denali | Sheldon ChaletWelcome the majesty of the amphitheater into your morning as it draws you into quiet reflection. Another warm delicious breakfast is prepared just for you. Choose an informative book on the area to read from our library or trek to the historic Sheldon Mountain House for stories of Denali. Enjoy another activity of choice then return to a mouth watering dinner. Come evening, relax in the sauna or watch the stars sparkle above the amphitheater on the observation deck. (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included today)
Day 9 Sheldon Chalet to Anchorage | HelicopterWatch the sunrise hit the snow-covered Alaska Range from your bed. Leisurely breakfast on locally sourced Alaskan fare as you say your farewells and prepare to depart the Sheldon Nunatak. Depart between 11.00am-12.00pm for the 1.15-hour helicopter ride back to Anchorage. Transfer by private vehicle (included) to your hotel and spend the remainder of the day at leisure. (Breakfast included today)
Day 10 Anchorage | DepartureToday marks the end of your incredible Alaskan adventure, and we’ve capped it off with a private transfer to Anchorage Airport.
- Accommodation including taxes for 9 nights:
- Private transfer Anchorage Airport to Hotel
- Prince William Sound 26 Glacier Cruise + lunch | Alaska Railroad
- Private transfer to seaplane terminal
- Private charter Seaplane flight Anchorage to Stillpoint Lodge
- Stillpoint Lodge accommodation for 2 nights with following inclusions:
- All meals with select wine, local craft beers and house cocktails
- One massage per person per package
- Yoga, fitness and mindfulness classes
- Fly-out Alaska Brown Bear (Grizzly Bear) Viewing
- Kayaking and paddle boarding from the dock
- Unlimited use of specialty equipment and adventure gear
- Use of specialty adventure equipment including rain gear, rubber boots
- Private charter Seaplane flight Stillpoint Lodge to Talkeetna
- Sheldon Chalet accommodation for 3 nights with the following Inclusions:
- Exclusive use of Lodge
- Gourmet meals and all beverages (including alcohol)
- A variety of activities including local and natural history lessons, glacier treks, gourmet glacier picnic, rappelling, rock climbing, crevasse exploration, sledding, snow cavern spelunking
- Return helicopter transportation between Talkeetna & Sheldon Chalet
- Staff - chef, concierge, and two adventure guides
- Outdoor apparel - parka, waterproof shell, pants, boots & gloves
- Use of adventure gear - trekking skis or snowshoes and poles & helmets
- Staff gratuities
- Private transfer to Merrill Field Airport from Hotel
- Private transfer Anchorage Hotel to Airport
Hotel & Rail Information | Deluxe Grade:
- Anchorage - Hilton Anchorage Hotel | Deluxe Room
- Halibut Cove Kenai - Stillpoint Lodge | Two Bedroom Private Cabin
- Talkeetna - Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge | Mountainside Lodge Room
- Denali National Park - Sheldon Chalet | Exclusive use of Lodge
Sheldon Chalet Luggage Policy
- Check-in baggage allowance is limited to 40lbs per person (includes one airline approved size soft-sided bag & one personal bag)
- Bottles of premium wines at Sheldon Chalet & Stillpoint Lodge
- Activities and meals other than specified
- Gratuities at Stillpoint Lodge
- Fish processing and cleaning at Stillpoint Lodge
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Arrange a call with an Alaska Train Travel Designer and bring your vacation to Alaska one step closer!
DATES & PRICING
Departs from Anchorage: Daily (Tour Code: TRA37)
25 May 23 - 12 Sep 23
1 of 4
"Just a note to tell you how much we enjoyed our unexpected trip. "
Just a note to tell you how much we enjoyed our unexpected trip. Thank you for organising this so quickly for us to fill in the extra 5 days after the cruise was terminated.Everything went so smoothly, and we were on everyone's' 'list' on all the transfers. The best part was the small plane flight back from Denali- it was brilliant.The cruises on the Fiords were also a highlight. So, thanks again. We are thinking of coming back to view the Northern Lights at Fairbanks and also the start of the Iditarod.
Lynne Sydney, Australia
2 of 4
"So Knowledgeable and amazing service"
Not being able to travel Internationally we decided on Alaska for our summer vacation, We worked with Samantha who has been to Alaska many times and recommended the perfect itinerary for us. This trip has made us want to go back to Alaska to experience more - next time will be another luxury remote lodge.
Jeff Los Angeles, CA
3 of 4
"They were professional and pleasant to work with."
They were professional and pleasant to work with. When the fires starts in various areas that they would be touring Alaska Train Trips were great in helping to make adjustments to the clients reservations. The clients were thrilled with there trip.
Jemma L New York
4 of 4
"Awesome scenery at every curve"
We are so grateful for the careful planning and ideal itinerary for our vacation. We had a complete portfolio of maps, places to visit, and reservations. We loved every hotel or mountain cabin we stayed in, the boat ride through the Seward fjords, the sternwheel ride in Fairbanks, the bush ride into Denali Park for a close enough encounter with a mama grizzly and her 2 cubs....and awesome scenery at every curve.
Wayne Michigan, United States
Luxury Lodges in Alaska Ultimate Adventure Package
Start planning your tailor-made train vacation in Alaska by contacting our train specialists
Call 1 800 686 1694US
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm PST
, Saturday: 8am - 4:30pm PST
, Sunday: CLOSED
Send an email email@example.com